Export Document Library with Metadata to Excel
This report allows you to export the whole list of files within a Document Libary or Subfolder along with Metadata to an Excel file.
How to export Document Library Metadata to Excel (from SharePoint / Office 365)
1. Select a Document Library or Subfolder and perform the operation “Export Metadata…” (per right mouse click and selection in context menu).
2. The tool displays a dialog where the user can define which fields should be present in the output Excel file.
3. The tool counts all files inside the selected location and displays a confirmation dialog, where the user can confirm whether he/she wants to generate the report or to cancel this operation.
4. A “Save as” dialog appears, where the user can select the target folder and the file name of the generated report.
5. Once the generated report is saved in the specified location, the tool asks you, if you want to open the report in Excel.